Eastern Mediterranean Health Genomics and BiotechnologyNetwork (EMHGBN) was created in 2004 for representatives of selected centers ofexcellence in (health related) Molecular biology, Biotechnology & genomicsin the Eastern Mediterranean Region by recommendation of WHO/EMROefforts.
Responsibility for hosting the network secretariat should rest withMember States. The Secretariat should rotate among the Member States after adefined period of time. Membership should be open to all interested partnersin Member States.
- To create and sustain value by beingrecognized as a player in the international biopharmaceutical, genomics andbiotechnological industry aiming at promoting health in the region.
- Sustainable development of health genomics and biotechnology throughfacilitation of high quality R&D training and sharing information, experience distribution and technology transfer in order to meet common andregional health needs of member countries.
- To inducecollaboration in production, training, Research & Development to be selfreliant in biotechnology and industries.
- To facilitate cooperation between wealthy and poor countries to upgradehealth standards .
- To promote regional common healthobjectives through R&D partnership and collaboration.
- To facilitatecapacity building in genomics and biotechnology through public awareness andpromotion, training and educational programs.
- To prioritize health relatedR&D in genomics and biotechnology .
- To support production of specific andnew products.
- To meet internationally recognized standards